I originally published these tips on this blog a few months ago. It was a popular post that many found helpful, and the ideas are truly timeless. Here it is again for any who missed it the first time:
1. Time and money spent on keeping your skin and hair healthy will pay off in the long run. No matter how well dressed you may be, you'll never feel beautiful unless these essentials are given the proper attention.
2. Makeup completes your look, and most of us would never dream of being seen without it. But it can be costly. An upcoming post will discuss where to scrimp and where to splurge to keep your makeup kit well stocked without breaking the bank.
3. Use your jewelry and other accessories to achieve the overall look you want. Some basic points to keep in mind are that tailored menswear styles are softened when paired with more romantic jewelry, whereas feminine clothing should be complemented by jewelry that is more subtle.
4. Having a few key accessories that you really love can help you be prepared for anything. Look for a future post which will discuss the most important key elements that every woman must have.
5. Find the best colors that work for you and enhance your complexion. Once you know what these colors are, you can learn to seek these out when shopping for accessories and clothing.
6. Don't be a slave to the fashion magazines. You don't need to follow every trend. A good rule of thumb is to strive not to be the first or last person wearing a certain style. Be an individual. Wear what you like and don't worry excessively about what the "experts" say.
7. Buy well fitting, season spanning clothes. Resist the temptation to buy the size you want to wear or the size you used to wear. More about this later.
8. When shopping for basic elements like skirts, pants,and jackets, always buy classic styles that won't embarrass you later. Save trendy styles for smaller items like accessories.
9. Don't be afraid to spend a little more on stuff that you'll wear every day. The quality will pay off in the long run.
10 .Jazz up basic, simple clothing with great accessories and you'll look more fashionable without spending a lot on clothes that will be out of style next season.